12 October 2010

Farewell Maryland!

It took awhile, but it finally hit me yesterday that I will be gone for two years without any of you there! Today, all the goodbyes just made me realize even more how much I will miss everybody. Right now I'm nervous, anxious, scared and excited all at the same time. I slept for about 2.5 hours and just can't get back to sleep. I have packed 2 practically exploding luggage bags (backpacking pack and duffel bag) and will finish preparing my carry on bags once I finish with this post. Oh how I'm dreading my last goodbye to the parents as they send me to the train station.

I will be uploading pictures onto this blog, but will also be storing pictures at

http://picasaweb.google.com/109509017595172321552

My mailing address for the next 2 months or so will be

Jessica Hua, Peace Corps Trainee
P.O. Box 698-00621
Nairobi, Kenya

Letters and email would be much appreciated!


I will miss you all! But, in the meantime kwa heri!

 P.S. I admit that I did cry after everybody left (for the 2nd time) while looking at my gigantic luggage.

6 comments:

  1. You cried after we left...(again)? =( How was saying goodbye to your parents? MUST SKYPE before you fly off to Kenya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not too late to drive over a new dufflebag!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the duffle bag was as big as you :) I'm excited and nervous thinking about how the next 27 months are going to go for you. AND how different it's going to be without you. BUt for now, HAVE A SAFE TRIP THERE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember what Mom said about "hen ren" HAHAH Good Luck and change the world so I can see you on CNN!!

    ReplyDelete